Neykov Svilen, National Sports Academy
The issue related to the optimization of the training load is centrally placed in the theory and methodology of sports training. The purpose is to apply such a working regime under which high levels of the general and specific workability of the organism and the rational use of the motor potential in a concrete competition are achieved. The present article presents some basic fragments of the preparation of R. Neykova, the Olympic champion in rowing (skiff) in Beijing 2008, the silver medalist in Sidney 2000, the bronze medalist in Athens, 2004, and the world champion in 2001 and 2003. The structure and the contents of the more important stages and mezzo cycles of the preparation are presented in a logical sequence. Some basic principles, means and methods for increasing the power, capacity and effectiveness of the various body systems are exposed. Concrete results from the systematic studies related to evaluation, control and optimization of the training load are presented. Several types of training sessions and load patterns which are of key importance for the management of the training process within the year cycle are proposed. The authors think that striving towards unification of the means and methods of training in elite sports leads to scholastics and limits the heuristic approach in the experts’ practice.
Anaerobic threshold, energetic optimum, optimization, myoglobin training, intermittent loads, coefficient of useful operation (CUO), taper
Download full article
- Achby, W. (1957). An introduction to Cybernetics. London: Chapman & Hall, Ltd.
- Astrand, I., Astrand, P-O.,Christensen, E., & Hedman, R. (1960). Intermittent muscular work. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica, 48, 448-453.
- Astrand, P-O., & Rodahl, K. (1986). Textbook of Work physiology: Physiological bases of exercise (3rd Edition). New York: Mc Graw-Hill International Edition.
- Bompa, O. (1999). Periodization: Theory and methodology of training. Dubuque: Kendall, Hunt Publishing Company.
- Howald, H. (1982). Training-induced morphological and functional changes in skeletal muscle. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 3(1), 1-12.
- Mader, A., & Heck, H. (1986). A theory of the metabolic origin of anaerobic threshold. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 7, 45-65.
- Milanovic, D. (2009) Teorija i metodika treninga. Zagreb: KIF.
- Neykov, Sv. (2001). Optimizirane na specializiranite trenirovachni natovarvaniya pri elitni grebci prez sastezatelnia period. Disertation. Sofia: NSA.
- Neykov, Sv. (2007). Trenirovka na elitni grebci v godishniya cikal. Sofia: NSA.
- Platonov, V. (2004). System of training athletes in the Olympic sport. Kiev: Olympic Literature [in Russian].
- Shephard, R., & Astrand, P-O. (1992). Endurance in sport. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publication.
- Volkov, N., Karasev, A., & Husni, M. (1995). Teoria i praktika na intervalnata trenirovka. Monografia. Moskva.
- Zhelyazkov, Ts. (1988). Criteria of top form in highly qualified athletes. Kinesiology (Zagreb), 30, 38.
- Zhelyazkov, Ts. (1998). On some constant factors in modern sports training. Teorya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury. 11, 12.
- Zhelyazkov, Ts. (2004). Kondicioni trening vrhunskih sportista (teorija, metodika i praksa). Beograd: Sportska akademija.
- Zhelyazkov, Ts. (2008). La Resistencia en el deporte conpaceordneo. Aspectos cientificos practices. Cali, Colombia.
- Zhelyazkov, Ts., Neykov, Sv., & Krastev, L. (2009). Problemat za obektivna ocenka i Optimizirane na specifichnata rabotosposobnost pri ciclichnite sportive. Sport i nauka (Sofia), 2, 12-17.
©2015 Sports Academy Belgrade. All rights reserved. Powered by Magma
Publication of this journal is financially supported by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Development Republic of Serbia.